Friends

Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Swallowtail -- the Beauty of a Butterfly

It's finally beginning to look like Spring out there and so my thoughts go to flowers and butterflies and all things colourful outside.  With some sad-looking grass patches showing up between piles of rapidly melting snow, I really need to use my imagination for this.  But I'm so ready for flowers.  And for butterflies.  After 5 1/2 long months of white, I need some colour in my life.

For a stamp that feels almost too large and unwieldy, the Swallowtail background stamp has to be one of the most versatile stamps.  And the results are almost always outstanding.  I happen to like the way the image looks embossed on vellum.  There is an added elegance to it, especially when done with Silver Embossing powder.

I kept my colours toned down somewhat so that the silver and the jewel tones of the colours in the wings would pop.  Added to the edge is a cute little scallop and at the top of each scallop I've added a little rhinestone.  In the background, under the vellum, you can just make out the design from the Very Vintage Wheel which I used on the cardstock.

It's my "Ode to Spring"---a thank you that it has finally begun.


Don't forget that the Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop will begin on Thursday.  Yes!  This Thursday.  You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.