Monday, 19 August 2013

The Neverending Story (of Organization)

Never, never, never ending!  That's what it's like when you're trying to get organized.  Little by little I'm discovering what works and what I have to replace.  Yes, replace!  Some storage solutions that worked when I was just playing around with my crafting simply are not working now that I have other people come into my space and I have rapidly increased the volume of products with which I work.  And if there is one top thing that I have learned since I began as an Independent Demonstrator for Stampin' Up!, it's that a lack of organization really cuts into my crafting time.  In other words I'm sick and tired of hunting for things!


So I bought another drawer-tower from Ikea.  The first one did wonders for my peace of mind.  You see it replaced one of those plastic-rainbow-drawers-in-a-rickety-metal-tower monsters.  Why monster?  Well, put a couple of heavy items in a drawer and it comes off its slide.  I grew very, very tired of fumbling around, battling with the skewed drawers in order to reach something I needed immediately.  I don't think it's healthy to build up so much rage against an inanimate object, even if I'm certain it was manufactured by demons.


The tower of drawers from Ikea is such a delight.  As soon as I filled the nine drawers, I knew I had to get a second one in order to finish my organization of all those little items that build up and take up room everywhere.  Today I finished assembling it and now the big job begins:  moving everything in my room in order to put it into its new home.  There are a number of items that will be making their way out of the room permanently as well.  Some furniture shifting---you get the drill.  It's going to be a long, tedious, oh-my-back-is-breaking type of day.  The gold ring for which I'm reaching is an organized room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.