Wednesday 11 April 2018

WWC165 - Tenia's "All About Occasions" Challenge



I'm so excited for this challenge!  Tenia Nelson is hosting our popular "All About Occasions" Challenge and I've made a birthday card.  But wait, it gets better.  First of all, however, I'd better display our challenge icon for this week.


So "what is so exciting about making a birthday card" you ask.  Well, it's what I used to make the card which made it such a lot of fun.  This past weekend I went to one of Stampin' Up!'s OnStage Events.  This one was held in Red Deer and was more special than many previous ones since this is their 30th Anniversary year.  Exciting?  Definitely!  Not that many companies keep growing and keep going for so many years.

Besides learning about so many new products and having fun making some awesome projects with a few of those products, those who attended lucked out by receiving some of the new stamp sets and products early.  That's what's so exciting about this card.  I've made it using a brand new stamp set and some gorgeous new Designer Vellum.  They're both from the Graceful Glass suite.

What I love about the vellum is that it has been embossed in black with some gorgeous "stained glass" designs.  They're perfect for colouring with some of our Stampin' Blends or with the Stampin' Markers.  I've used the Stampin' Blends for the Vellum and then used the Stampin' Markers for the stamped butterflies.  I love the way all the images in the stamp set have that stained glass look and the sentiments are all in gorgeous, fancy script.

My base is the Heavy Whisper White.  The solid layer is Tranquil Tide cardstock and the next layer is a pretty ombre piece from the still current Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper.  That lovely green faceted dot is from the new, not-yet-released Annual Catalogue.


I love the way the current products work so beautifully with the soon-to-be-released ones, don't you?  I can't show you photos of the stamp set but I can tell you it's awesome and that it is paired with a great set of Framelit Dies.

This week Gail Allen is away from electronic devices as she travels and in her absence we've welcomed Stephanie Lanzalotto as our Guest Designer.  I hope you'll check out her awesome card as well as those by our Watercooler Artists over at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Heidi! Thank you so much for having me as Guest Designer. Such a lovely array of wonderful inspiration from the DT. I love the stained glass feel of that left panel, and the gorgeous flowers and butterflies around and on it. Your coloring is gorgeous as is your palate. I'm so glad to be here with you and the rest of the DT as GD for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Heidi, what an exciting time you've had and as you said perfect timing to attend an On Stage Event. Wish I could have joined you. I'll just have to wait and in the meantime drool over these new products and special effects you've created on your beautiful card. Love the stained glass panel and your beautiful colouring with the stamping blends. The two butterflies add such a feeling of summer to this card. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely colours on this card, Heidi! I love the pattern on that vellum strip! It's really striking!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.