Friends

Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #127 - Judy's "All About Birthdays" Challenge


This week Judy Markowitz is hosting our first ever "All About Birthdays" challenge.  What fun!  I know that except for Christmas, birthdays definitely demand the most cards from me during the year.

Of course I wanted to use some of the new goodies which I ordered when the new Stampin' Up! catalogue was introduced.   So much to choose from...

Because I'm fascinated with the new Modelling Paste, I decided it would play a central part in the card.  Unfortunately I just didn't get inspired by the new masks (stenciles) and so I made one of my own using the Oh So Eclectic bundle.  The diamond open-work die seemed perfect for my needs.  Instead of adding colour this time, I left the modelling paste white so that it would pop against the Fresh Fig background.  Once that dried, I was stumped for the rest of the card and set the piece aside for several weeks.

I rediscovered the piece this week and suddenly I knew what I wanted to do with it.  I pulled out the new Lemon Zest stamp set and proceeded to stamp the full lemon image as well as the slice.  Just because I wanted a more "lemony" colour, first I stamped the images using a stamped off Lemon Lime Twist and then I stamped over that using the Daffodil Delight.  I like the way it produced a more natural lemon colour, don't you?

Of course I had to fussy cut the images.  Then I adhered them over the Modelling Paste using Dimensionals.  I heat embossed the two parts of the sentiment at the top left and bottom right of the piece using Whisper White embossing powder.  As a final touch I added some of the "diamonds" which I had cut from Lemon Lime Twist cardstock using the same die from the Oh So Eclectic bundle.  In the centre of the die-cuts I attached a small Clear Faceted Gem.


My base is Heavy Whisper White.  Then I added a layer of Lemon Lime Twist and then my image layer.

I hope you'll check out the cards made by the other Watercooler Artists for Judy's "All About Birthdays" Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Heidi you went all out on this bright and colourful birthday card. Love the sentiment and the embossed lemon. The Fresh Fig background was a perfect choice and showcases the lemon so well.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.