Sunday, 16 July 2017

Peace on Earth

It's been a while since I've created a card for a challenge other than our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  But with the arrival of the Carols of Christmas bundle, I've been inspired to play a bit.  Yes, those large sentiments are great but what I love is those wonderful dies for the trees, deer and starlit sky.

Since the Jingle Belles Challenge is all about a colour inspiration photo, I knew I could create something for that.

 

What inspired me?  The wonderful blues, the silhouettes of trees, the touches of green, and the starry sky.  Perfect for this bundle.  

I used the lovely Night of Navy for my base, added a layer of Silver Glimmer paper and then proceeded to use my dies on the next layer of Night of Navy.  For the top portion I used the starry night die and for the bottom portion I used the "frame" die.  Since those dies only cut into the cardstock, leaving an open pattern, the Silver Glimmer paper showed through and sparkled beautifully.  

Next I heat embossed the sentiment, Peace on Earth, on a rectangle of Night of Navy using Silver Embossing Powder.  I attached that to the "framed area", adding a thin strip of Silver Glimmer paper to the top to continue the design.

Then I cut out a whole bunch of evergreens from a piece of Garden Green cardstock and three deer from Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I arranged those above the sentiment and my card was done.


I hope you'll check out the Jingle Belles Challenge for more of their Christmas cards.

2 comments:

  1. Love how you incorporated the beautiful sparkly glimmer paper into your design ... so very glad you got inspired with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful, bold and striking holiday card design, i love how cleverly you've interpreted the inspiration pic! thanks for joining our fun this fortnight at JINGLE BELLES ♥

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.