Wednesday 21 June 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #124 - Fiona's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge


Today's challenge is hosted by Fiona Whitehead.  Her challenge gives me another chance to create a masculine card, something that comes in handy with so many men (of so many ages) in our family.


I made this card for my son-in-law for Father's Day.  So he's seen it but now it's being unveiled to the world.  Since my son-in-law is a natural born singer whose voice can do justice to virtually every genre of music (except, perhaps, opera), of course the guitar from the Country Livin' set came to mind.  In fact I channelled a bit of George Strait (his favourite country singer) with that rustic look, the guitar, and the old beater of a truck.


I've used this stamp set a fair bit since it was introduced last year and have been inspired all over again by the addition of the Wood Textures Designer Series paper stack in this year's brand new Annual Catalogue.  There is something about those wonderful wood textures which just asks to be paired with the Country Livin' set.  Of course I've also done some sponging around the perimeter of the paper and the window using some Soft Suede ink.  The window?  Just used my small square framelit four times.  Gives it a rustic "feel".   I think the sponging really compliments the Cajun Craze cardstock which I used as the matte for my card as well as for the sentiment.  And when you're hunting around for just the right sentiment, what could be better than making one's own with the always handy Labeler Alphabet set?

And now I hope you'll check out the terrific cards created by the rest of the Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Better still, link up your own masculine creation for us to enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Clever card Heidi - it took me a minute to see it was actually four pieces cut up not a window - love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this week's masculine card challenge Heidi. Between you and Kath I'm really inspired to ink up my Country Livin' stamp set. I like how you've created the window image with the inchies and your colouring of the truck and guitar simply "rocks". Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome window scene! Totally reminds me of Alberta. What a great idea for that Wood Textures DSP! The rusty truck looks like one that used to belong to my grandfather and sat for years on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super male card Heidi, great image and colour combination for a guy

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.