Wednesday 7 June 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #122 - Libby's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge


I just love our new Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenges and that's just what Libby Fens is hosting this week.



Funny story.  I created a shadow box frame card for last week's "Anything Goes" challenge but didn't post the one I created.  As circumstances turned out, I created a more masculine one for that challenge and then  decided to put the much more feminine shadow box frame into this challenge.  Good strategy or poor planning?  All in all it worked out very well and I'm excited to share my pretty creation with you.

I had been rooting around in my retired products, deciding what would go and what just had to stay in my stash (I'm a bit of a hoarder), and came across some of the gorgeous (but retired) Co'redinations cardstock.  It was a package of the Neutrals and I knew I had to make my frame using the lovely textured white.


It made me so happy to get the chance to use that gorgeous Bright Wishes stamp set.  Doesn't the wishing well look terrific combined with the littlest fairy from the Fairy Wishes set?  And those flowers and branches adorning the frame?  Those are from the brand new Colorful Seasons bundle.

I also got to use one of the brand new In-Colors!  I wasn't sure what I would think of the bright Berry Burst colour but it's absolutely gorgeous.  The matte inside the frame is cut from that cardstock and the roses climbing up the side of the wishing well are coloured using that ink.  Surprisingly the colour really looks great with our older In-Color, Sweet Sugarplum.

I hope you'll check out the cards created by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've also linked this card up to the new SUO challenge which, this week, is featuring "Out in the Garden".

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had the foresight to keep that shadow box frame because it works so beautifully with this little scene. The two stamp sets really coordinate well and I like the Berry Burst around mat as it offsets the other colours so well. Beautiful card Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this picture, card, whatever it is, is beautiful! All the stamp sets and the colors go together really well. I love this. I'm going to make my own, that's how much I love it! Thank you so much for sharing with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job colouring the image and I love the shadow box frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a wonderful combination for your shadow box - and bright fun colours too. And just perfect for our challenge!! So glad you joined in the fun with SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the watercoloring of your outdoor scene! Thanks for playing along with the Out in the Garden SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.