Wednesday 24 May 2017

Colour Throwdown #444 - Thank You

I love simplicity.  As soon as I saw the challenge over at Colour Throwdown, I knew I would enter it.  Simplicity---and, of course, I'm a sucker for Lilies-of-the-Valley.


Beautiful inspirational picture, isn't it?  It caught my eye and my imagination and I immediately began thinking about what would look perfect and yet simple in those colours.


I decided on a simple white background onto which I attached first a leafy swirl of Pear Pizzazz cut using the Swirly Squiggles thinlits and then a Smoky Slate bird cut using the Birds & Blooms thinlits.  I added a bit more interest to the leafy swirl by attaching three tiny die-cut flowers.  Finally, I added a small Pear Pizzazz sentiment from the Thoughtful Banners set.

I hope you'll check out the other great cards at the Color Throwdown this week.

3 comments:

  1. I love this card Heidi- I had lily of the valley in my bouquet when I got married 32 years ago! I love the Birds sets - one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the colors! So glad you played along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card, love that awesome bird and the green swirl!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.