Wednesday 16 November 2016

WWC94 - Come, Let us Drink Tea


Guess what!  It's my turn to host a challenge and this time it's all about simply stamping.  That's exactly what the challenge is about, too:  Simply Stamping.  So put on your thinking caps and consider how you can create something very simple but striking and enter my challenge.


 "Simply Stamping" is a return to basics.  We expect either one single stamped layer or a base with one single layer on that.  We expect simple stamping.  You can use masking, heat embossing, stencilling, sponging.  You cannot use an embossing folder or embellishments or additional layers (not even a tag). 

As you can see, this Simply Stamping Challenge is all about coffee or tea.  For me that meant shuffling through my retired stamps since we don't have anything current on the subject except some great sentiments and a couple of coffee rings.  Yes, you read that right.  Just check out the Timeless Textures stamp set and you'll see a great set of coffee (or tea) rings.  And they look pretty real, too.  I've compared them to the ones I seem to leave all over the place.

The set which I finally chose for my teacup is the The Tea Shoppe.  It didn't have individual stamps for the teacup except for one giant one which I really didn't want.  That wasn't what I had planned in my head.  So I took the stamp with the three connected teacups and only inked two of them.  That worked and, once I had masked those teacups, I was able to stamp those great rings from the Timeless Textures around them and, except for the sentiment, my card was done.  The sentiment is from the Balloon Celebrations and is, in my opinion, just perfect for the card.


As you can see, my rings, my sentiment and the base cardstock for this card are all Crumb Cake.  Just the colour, don't you agree, that you would expect to see after drinking tea.

I hope you'll check out the other creations by the Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.  And then, once your creative juices are flowing, link up your own simply stamped card for us to see.

2 comments:

  1. Great card Heidi. I wish I could have participated in this challenge as I have some great Tea and Coffee stamp sets, alas not with me. I love how you masked the cards so you could put in those crumb cake rings. They work perfectly. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny. We missed you and your usual wonderful creations. Heather did a great job as Guest Designer, however.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.