Wednesday 9 October 2013

Sketch Challenge 193



I enjoyed making a card using the sketch from one of the OWH artists for the World Card-Making Day Blog Hop and couldn't resist using the newest one for sketch challenge #193.  I'm finding that meeting colour and sketch challenges pushes me out of my "normal".  I like that every once in a while.

This is the sketch that was made for the challenge:

193 Sketch (Oct 6)

And this is my card:


I decided to use that wonderful and exotic Eastern Elegance Designer Paper because of the fan-like patterns in Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry and Whisper White.  I would have liked to have used some Coastal Cabana ribbon because the Whisper White ribbon seemed a bit bland against the pattern.  And then it came to me that a vellum butterfly using the Backyard Basics butterfly and matching framelit would finish it off perfectly.

If you'd like to join the challenges or, perhaps, send some card to OWH, here is a link for you.

2 comments:

  1. This is quite amazing. I find the colors to be so rich and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy. The Crushed Curry is a gorgeous, rich yellow. I think it makes the Coastal Cabana, which by itself is a medium shade, seem richer simply by its proximity.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.