Sunday 7 October 2018

Time for a Change!

I've had my blog for seven years now and it's time for a change.  My banner was made up of creations which show off only products from Stampin' Up! which have long retired.  Somehow that isn't the first impression that I want to give anyone.  I do own and create with current products (and the occasional retired classic), after all.

The more I've thought about changing the banner to my blog, the more I've become convinced that I shouldn't be making a new one using any of my crafting products.  That just brings on built-in obsolescence since products are forever being replaced.  And so I've decided to go in another direction.  Why not a photograph from among the many which I take every year?

I didn't want anything too, too personal, but when I came upon this gorgeous sunflower, I knew that my choice was made.  Going back a whole bunch of years, I also found several bees on flowers and also in flight which I had taken at a friend's apiary.  Combining the two images, leaving a lot of wonderful white space to keep it clean and simple this time around, I added my Blog's name to the new banner and love it.

Do you love it, too?  I hope so.  It certainly gives me a happy feeling when I see it.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! The color, the clarity (hey, it's sounding like a great diamond!) Congratulations on a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It still makes me happy each time I open it, thank goodness. :)

      Delete
  2. Great choice for your new header! I recently had a new one done for my blog--gives such a lift!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.