Friday 17 November 2017

PP370 - A White on White Christmas

I love the elegance of white on white.  And this time of the year, with the snow on the ground, winter and Christmas provide lots of inspiration.

For the Paper Players challenge, which is white on white, I decided to use some of the awesome new products in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue.  Of course, since I've been sorting through the retired products I've decided not to ignore any longer, I found some inspiration as well.

The first thing you'll notice about this card is the wonderful laser die-cut piece which I've used.  That came from an elegant Simply Sent kit called Simply Fabulous.  In fact I built the entire card around this piece.


Isn't it fabulous?  You can just make out the heat embossed musical notes which I stamped using the Sheet Music background stamp using White Embossing powder.


I love the way those boughs look, don't you?


That "peace" is from a retired set but it seemed perfect for the card.

I enjoyed the challenge of keeping to white (although white is not necessarily one colour as I discovered).  Thanks to Nance of the Paper Players for providing the challenge.


I'm also entering this card in the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge which is all about Holidays.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This reminds me of a lace Victorian Christmas card.
    So beautiful.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful, elegant details...that laser die cut is amazing! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, this is beautiful! I love all the elegant details! The little scene is just so pretty! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white on white!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.