Sunday 1 October 2017

Global Design Project #106 - Boo

It's been a little while since I chose to do a sketch challenge, but this one for the Global Design Challenge just "spoke" to me.  Of course it helped that I had just received my order with the Spooky Cat stamp set in it and I was dying to use it.  The sketch looked perfect for an owl on a branch with the full moon behind.  And so that's what I did.

My base is Basic Black and overall I've used current products from Stampin' Up!  The black glitter paper, however, is retired as are the alphabet dies with which I cut out the "BOO".  If you're curious as to how my owl perches on that branch so well, that has an easy answer.  I cut the owl apart across the feet, leaving the feet with the top part.  I glued that onto the branch to give the illusion of the claws perching and then glued the bottom part under the branch so it would look natural. 

The weird sky is the result of some playing around with my Watercolor paper and the Wilted Violet Oxide ink.  After I was happy with the purples and the paper had dried, I sponged some Basic Black around the perimeter and also in spots across the sky and moon. 


I hope you'll check out the Global Design Project challenge.  There are some awesome projects by the Design Team and linked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.