Saturday 23 September 2017

{PIN}spirational Challenge #199 - For the Love of Giraffes

 Thrilled to be among the top 3.
Top 3 Badge!

Some years back I discovered the famous photograph "The Kiss", of Misha and Makulu, the mother and child Rothschild Giraffes who took the world by storm back in 1990 when Makulu was born.  Much like Tajiri's birth in April 2017.  I have a large reproduction of that photograph in my home and was delighted to discover that the Local King Rubber Stamp company had created a set of stamps of my favourite giraffes, called Love Reaches New Heights.  And now I've discovered this challenge which gives me an excuse to use my stamps again.  Sweet!

I kept the colours simple and reasonably neutral to make sure that the focus would be on that sweet giraffe's face.  What can I say?  The image simply makes me smile.


I'll be giving this card to my sister who hasn't been feeling very well.  She love giraffes, too, and will love this adorable face.

I hope you'll check out the {Pin}spirational Challenge blog for this challenge.  The design team has created some adorable samples.

Tajiri with Allysa


4 comments:

  1. OMGosh Heidi, I'm so glad you were able to share this moment in time and refresh it with your gorgeous new stamp. Love giraffes and their huge soulful eyes and long lashes. This baby is simply adorable. Wonder what it's thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Canadian stamp company, too, Penny, which made me happy. The other images in the set are great, too. One actually is of "The Kiss". They're such gentle giants, aren't they?

      Delete
  2. The image made me smile, too ;o) I am glad, that our challenge inspired you to take out these stamps again - they are really so, so cute! Would love to see all the other stamps in action, too ;o) Thank you so much for joining our current challenge at PINspirational Challenges and sharing your memories and this lovely card with us! Have a great week and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.