Monday, 7 August 2017

PCC254 - Live Life with Zest!

It's been a while since I played along with the Paper Craft Crew.  But then that's why I left the Design Team.  I had so many things going on in my life.  Well, time to have fun and "live life with zest".




When I think of fun in the backyard, I usually think about having some fresh lemonade.  (Spiked or not depends on the occasion).  With this new catalogue's great stamps, creating something that really looks like a glass of lemonade was super easy.  I simply reached for the Lemon Zest set and the Coffee Cafe bundle.  On their own or combined, these are such fun to use.

I had found, among the piles of papers I've gone through lately, some DSP which really caught my eye.  Imagine how thrilled I was to be able to use it with this card.  First, however, I reached for my new Tim Holtz Oxide Inks and played with that DSP a bit.  Using the Fossilized Amber and the Vintage Photo, I managed to make the DSP even better.  How great is that!

I used Heavy Whisper White for my base and then a skinny layer of Basic Grey.  My glass has some shine because I simply had to cover it with some Crystal Effects.


And there you have it, my fun drink for my summer BBQ.  I hope you'll take time to check out the other cards at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing card, Heidi. That background...wow! However you created it and the other elements on the card, the result is something unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job with your tall refreshing glass of lemonade. Gosh the glass looks so real as do the lemons. I've not ever heard of crystal effects. Also while here I noticed your side bar with the stamped rock.. LOVE it.. cause it's mixing two of my favorite things.. rocks and stamps.. yay. pjs-projects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.