Wednesday 14 December 2016

WWC98 - Star of Wonder


I love colour challenges.  You can make anything you wish as long as it revolves around the provided colours.  Sometimes that is harder than others, but it almost always brings some surprising results.  For me, it's the shove that makes me create outside the comfortable little box I usually stay within.  Kath's colours really opened that box wide.


These are gorgeous colours.  Creating with them wasn't as hard as  all that but taking a decent photograph for my post almost proved to be my undoing.  Metallics present their own challenge when one is taking a picture.  Either they reflect too much light or they reflect colours around them (silver is almost like a mirror).  All in all, while I didn't find the colours difficult to use for my creation, finishing up with a picture in order to post was the hardest part of this challenge.


I decided to keep it relatively simple by creating my 3-D star by using Starlight Thinlits dies.  The one I used even provides the scoring lines when one cuts it out.  How terrific is that!  The Lucky Stars embossing folder made a simple but perfect background for the star and also for the die-cut gold foil pine branch and Early Espresso die-cut bird.  I love that he appears to be looking up at the star in wonder, don't you?  Of course the sentiments in the Star of Light stamp set were a perfect match for this card, especially heat embossed on vellum in Silver embossing powder.

To give the white a bit of a frame against the white base, I sponged the perimeter using Early Espresso ink.

Simple but effective.  In real life this is a stunner.  It just doesn't photograph as well as I would like.

I hope you'll check out the cards made by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.