Thursday 29 September 2016

CYCI#139 -- Happy happy joy joy!

The challenge over at Can You Case It? is all about rainbow inspirations.  Well, I've been doing a lot of sorting out here in my crafting room and one of the things that I've had the hardest time sorting is my Designer Paper.  I'm finding it's hard to let go.  One of the pieces made me think of rainbows.  I think it was most likely from a Sale-a-bration a few years back, but the colours still appeal.  They seemed perfect for the challenge.

Of course then I had to figure out what to do with the Designer Paper.  I have all my framelits and thinlits magnetically mounted to my wall and so I began staring at them, willing them to give me inspiration.  And they did.  I happened to notice two sets of word framelits which, once I read them, kept repeating themselves in my head.  So, of course, to silence them, I had to use them.

Off topic for a moment.  Have you ever seen the Ren and Stimpy Show?  There is this episode where they define this "phrase".  Basically what the words mean is when the world expects you to put on this happy face when in reality all you want to do is either shriek or tear your hair out or pound hard on the nearest wall.  "Happy happy joy joy" is your inner silly song which gets you through the ordeal of making everyone else around you happy.  So, when I saw my "happy" framelit and my "joy" framelit, I knew I had to use those words.

My base is the Heavy Whisper White cardstock and the next layer is the Night of Navy.  Onto that layer I glued all the words as well as a Daffodil Delight happy face cut using the Project Life Paper Clip thinlits.


I hope you'll check out the Can You Case It? Challenge yourself.

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of cutting out words from patterned paper! It's so pretty! Thanks for joining us at this week's CYCI challenge - Josefine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, what a great way to incorporate the rainbow theme. Thanks for joining the challenge at Can You Case It? -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you incorporated the rainbow colors with the die cuts, Heidi! Thanks for joining us this week at CYCI! ~ Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I make me happy 😊 Thanks for joining us at CYCI. Christine

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.