Wednesday, 24 August 2016

WWC82 - Friendship is a Sheltering Tree


It's Libby Fens' turn to host our theme challenge this week and so it's all about trees.  What a great theme, considering how many wonderful trees and leaves there are among Stampin' Up!'s current products.


Since I was itching to play with the new Presents & Pinecones suite, I decided to combine the wonderful evergreen tree from the classic Lovely as a Tree set with the new Pine Bough embossing folder.  And what a great combination they make!  I used a base of the Heavy Whisper White followed by a layer of Wild Wasabi cardstock.  Then I added a piece of Whisper White onto which I first stamped the evergreen using Almost Artichoke and Soft Suede.  After that I lined up the Pine Bough embossing folder to avoid the stamped tree and still leave room for a sentiment.


To give added definition and interest to the embossed pine boughs, I used my Aqua Painter and Soft Suede to trace along the woody portion.  Then I softly sponged over portions of the raised embossing with Almost Artichoke ink followed by sponging with Wild Wasabi ink.  For my sentiment I turned to the Sheltering Tree set and stamped it using Wild Wasabi ink.  The bit of background detail?  Just a repeated stamping with the snowflakes images from the Christmas Pines set using Soft Sky ink.

I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.