Tuesday 19 April 2016

PCCCS191 - With Sympathy

We just found out that an uncle has passed away and so I had the sad task of making a card for our aunt.  Luckily I had to make a card for the Design Team of the Paper Craft Crew Challenge and this week's sketch worked out perfectly.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 191 #papercraftcrew #pcccs191

I decided to make my card monochromatic, using primarily the retiring Lost Lagoon along with white.  I added just a touch of Basic Black here and there, behind the banner, for stamping my image, for stamping the sentiment, to add a bit of elegance to the card.  I began with a base of the heavy weight Whisper White, a layer of Basic Black, and then a layer of the Lost Lagoon which I had first embossed using the Elegant Dots embossing folder.  For my image I used the bird from the retiring An Open Heart stamp set and then added the sentiment from the Rose Wonder stamp set.  The additional dots and background stamping is with images from the Timeless Textures stamp set.  I like the single blossom from the Botanical Builders set and the spider web doily which I've turned to its white side, don't you?


I hope you'll check out the other Design Team cards at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.