Wednesday 21 October 2015

WWC39 - Today's the Day!

One of the things I love about being one of the Watercooler Artists is that I get to see everyone's creations ahead of time.  You have to understand that seeing the challenge weeks ahead makes it difficult to be patient.  The challenge for this week is a fun one.  Susan has provided a colour challenge and I had such fun with it.  The first thing I thought of was a nautical card.  What do you think?

Maybe it was in part due to those cute banners that Susan used to showcase her colours for the challenge.  No matter, the inspiration came and my card is precisely that, a nautical themed card.

I decided to use a technique which I haven't done for a while, the mirror-image technique.  The ship from the Traveler stamp set lends itself to that technique particularly well.  If you haven't tried the technique, it's actually a lot easier than it looks and it always manages to thrill the recipient.  You just stamp your image on the paper, allowing sufficient room for a duplicate image below it.  Then you use a piece of plastic (I use the Window Sheets) onto which you stamp the image once more.  Quickly, before the image dries, you line it up below the original on the paper and use it as a "stamp".  The image won't be quite as crisp as the one stamped on the paper but it will be the mirror image and works beautifully.

I used both my Stampin' Markers and my Aqua Painter and ink pads to achieve the colours on my card.  Then I used the So Saffron to sponge around the edges of the sentiment as well to balance the colours.  


I hope you'll join us this week and link up your card to the Watercooler Wednesday challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.