Friends

Wednesday, 16 September 2015

PCCCS162 - Happy Birthday Wishes

The Awesomely Artistic stamp set was among my top three picks from the Annual Catalogue this year.  I love the various images, especially the dragonfly.  Happily this week's sketch lent itself perfectly to the stamp set.


I began with a base of Smoky Slate cardstock and then added a layer of Basic Black.  For the diagonal stripes in the background, I chose the Designer Series Paper Stack.  I wanted to add some glitz to the card and so used Gold Foil embossed using the new Softly Falling embossing folder.  For my main rectangle I used a base of Basic Black and then stamped my images using the new Archival Basic Gray ink.  I only coloured a few of the blossoms with my Melon Mambo Stampin' Marker.  After stamping the dragonfly image using Bermuda Bay, I fussy-cut it out and then covered the wings with some Dazzling Details.  


I hope you'll check out the remaining Design Team cards at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge site and join us with a card of your own this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.