Sunday, 9 August 2015

WCC30 -- Many Thanks!

It's time for another Watercooler Challenge and this one is so much fun.  Susan Horr added a challenge for a 3-D project.  I didn't even have to think about what I would make.  It was my nephew's wedding this weekend and so a wedding favour seemed very appropriate.


I had a chance to use several framelits and thinlits for this project.  First of all the favour box itself was cut out using the Curvy Keepsake Box thinlit.  I used that gorgeous Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper for the box and it sparkles just like a diamond ring.  For the double butterfly decoration, I used  the smallest of the Butterflies thinlits to cut out a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock and the smallest of the Bold Butterfly framelits to cut out a piece of Silver Foil.   For the centre I added rhinestones to add to the dazzle.

For the sentiment I used the Another Thank You set with Mint Macaron ink and cut it out using a Bitty Banners framelit.  I sponged Mint Macaron ink around the perimeter after cutting it out.  Then, to attach it to the top of the box, I used a paper clip die cut from Silver Foil using one of the Project Life Paper Clip thinlits.  To hold the box together, I wrapped it with some Mint Macaron Dotted Lace Trim which I tied in a pretty bow.  I love how easily this soft ribbon ties into a bow.  It's definitely one of my favourite ribbons.

I hope you'll check out the remaining projects posted by our Watercooler Artists.  Better still, link up your own 3-D project for us to see.  Who knows, you may be the winner of this challenge.

Just click on the Watercooler Challenge to see all the other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.