Wednesday 22 July 2015

PCCCS154 -- Rainbow!

Still on vacation and taking advantage of modern technology.  It's great to be able to pre-schedule my post like this.  Of course, on the other hand, modern technology also lets me look ahead to the weather in the area to which I'm travelling and I hope that it was wrong.  Apparently Alaska was supposed to be rain, rain, rain, day after day.

My card reflects the hopes I have that the weather people will be totally wrong and that there will be a rainbow bringing us good luck for our trip.  The sketch for this week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge really lent itself well to what I had in mind.


I chose not to use Designer Paper for my background.  Instead, I used the cloud image from the Sprinkles of Life stamp set and covered a piece of Whisper White with the images.  You'll see that the cloud looks somewhat different from others that people have stamped using this set.  The reason for that would be the way I used the stamp.  I mounted it on my acrylic block with the image facing the block.  You can only do this with a Photopolymer stamp.  It won't work with the clear rubber stamps.  Why would I mount my stamp in this manner?  I wanted the stamped image to be more dense than the way it was stamping mounted in the regular manner.  So, on a whim, I tried it the other way around and absolutely loved the results.  I won't have to colour the clouds and they look more like watercolour images because they are soft around the edges.

I chose to use subtle colours such as Whisper White, Sahara Sand and Pool Party.  That way the rainbow just "pops" because of its bright colours.  It works well with the bright sun and bright ribbon as well.


I hope you'll check out the other Design Team cards at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge and, perhaps, join us by linking up your own interpretation of this sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.