Tuesday 23 June 2015

With Sympathy -- A combination of challenges

It's fun when challenges work well together.  This week's Friday Mashup Challenge, for example, asks for a project with stencils or a monochromatic theme, or, since it's a mashup, a combination of the two.  This week's Stamp Ink Paper Challenge supplied a sketch.  Putting the two together was a lot of fun and helped me design this card.

I decided to use the new Tip Top Taupe combined with Sahara sand and Whisper White for my monochromatic theme.  For my stencil, I used one of the new Stampin' Up! Happy Patterns Decorative Masks.  Of course I already had my layout from the sketch.

My base cardstock is that wonderful, new heavy weight Whisper White.  It's quickly becoming my favourite base for cards.  I used the Tip Top Taupe script pattern from the 2015-17 In-Colors Designer Series Paper Stack for my next layer.  For my narrow rectangle, I took a piece of Sahara Sand and used the Decorative Mask and sponged Sahara Sand ink over it for a subtle stencil pattern.  Then, for the narrow stripe, I used a piece of the gorgeous Tip Top Taupe Dotted Lace Trim and also added two strands of the Linen Thread along the right side.

I decided not to use another rectangle for my image, but instead used a combination of circles and scalloped circles.  I began with my 2 1/2" circle punch and cut out a piece of Whisper White.  Then I used my 2 3/8" scalloped circle punch to cut out a piece of Tip Top Taupe.  Finally I cut out another piece of Whisper White using my 2" circle punch.  After stamping the circle image from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set onto the 2" circle using Tip Top Taupe ink, I assembled the pieces and added them to the card using Dimensionals.  For my sentiment, I turned to the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.


For more cards using this sketch, check out the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge.

SIP Sketch Challenge 2

For more cards using this monochromatic theme or templates, check out the Friday Mashup.



8 comments:

  1. Heidi this a lovely card! Thank you for participating with us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Andrea. I'm enjoying your new challenge.

      Delete
  2. I love your beautiful monochromatic card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tina. I love the new Tip Top Taupe and find the Sahara Sand is a good compliment.

      Delete
  3. Heidi, I do love how you've mixed the taupe, sahara and even the twine for your monochromatic card. Nice job :) Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amy. It was a fun challenge.

      Delete
  4. Your natural colour selection here is so serene and beautiful Heidi. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.