Sunday 28 June 2015

WCC27 -- Picture Perfect for Canada Day!












I love our Watercooler Challenges and this one is no exception.  What really appealed to me about Jackie's Iris Fold Challenge was the fold itself.  I had never created an Iris Fold, whether a simplified version or the original version.  Finally I had to try one in order to be part of the challenge.  First of all I did some research.  Like I said, I hadn't made an Iris Fold before and so I had to find some instructions and some good samples.

Somehow in the middle of all my research, I lost track of the fact that Jackie had suggested the simplified version.  And so my card is made with the original version which includes folding each piece.  So much for paying attention to the screen capture picture of the simplified version which Shelli Gardner made.


If you live in Canada, you'll know that in just a couple of days we'll be celebrating Canada Day.  What better image to use for my Iris Fold, therefore, than an artistic version of our Canadian flag?  With the wonderful patterns available in the new In-Colors Designer Series paper stack and also in the new Envelope paper, I had no trouble at all finding a variation to use for the rows of Iris folds.  Of course I used the new Watermelon Wonder patterns and the heavy weight Whisper White.  First I used the brand new Leaflets Framelits to cut the maple leaf out of the Whisper White.  Placement was so easy since the framelits can be put it any position on the cardstock.

For the sentiment, I chose to use the Project Life Remember This set.  After stamping it on a scrap of Whisper White using Memento ink, I centred it in the iris "hole" left in my pattern.  Then I mounted the entire "flag" onto a base of Night of Navy.  


I hope you'll join us for this challenge.  Just click here and check out the rest of the Watercooler Artists' creations.  Then go and make your own and share it with us by linking it up to our challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!
    I want to make one too, or something similar!
    Must buy that set (it's on my list, but I've yet to make an order since other "more important" things come up like bills, you know those kind of pesky things)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.