Sunday 14 June 2015

WCC26 -- Happy Father's Day!

Welcome to our new Watercooler Challenge.  This one is a colour challenge presented by Jean Fitch.  With Father's Day right around the corner, I was so happy to see Jean's choice of colours.  They were perfect for the Father's Day card I intended to create.

What I especially liked about Jean's challenge is that she indicated that similar colours could be used.  Well, with that wonderful new brown tone in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalogue, how could I resist using Tip Top Taupe?   The other colours were perfect and needed no substitutions.

I used the thick, new Whisper White for my base and then added a layer of Tip Top Taupe.  First, however, I stamped the Tip Top Taupe with the reeds image from the Wetlands set using the same colour ink.  I had already cut a Whisper White oval and held it in place so that part of the reeds image would be stamped on it.  Then I embossed the Tip Top Taupe layer using the Woodgrain embossing folder.  Since my card is in the landscape mode rather than the portrait, the woodgrain looks a lot like ripples on the water and so is perfect for the images I've used.  

The Wetlands stamp set remains one of my favourite sets.  There are so many ways to use it.  This time I used a circle mask to first create the setting sun by sponging Daffodil Delight inside the punched out area of my paper and then used the circle die-cut to cover the sponged sun so that I could stamp the Marina Mist grid over it.  The grid image is from the new You've Got This stamp set.  After that it was easy to stamp the images of the sandpipers across the sun and water so that they appear like silhouettes.  You can see that I used the retired feather stamp and matching framelit to create my feather out of vellum.  It's the perfect spot for my sentiment, isn't it?


For more cards using this colour theme, check out the Watercooler Challenge.

I've also entered this card in the Friday Mashup Challenge which is all about Dad.


12 comments:

  1. I pinned your card so that I could CASE it ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card, thanks for sharing at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice fathers day card with lovely colors. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia. I love the new Tip Top Taupe.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the use of that background stamp, and the bright colors are so lovely. Thanks for joining the Friday mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi. I can see so many uses for that wonderful background stamp.

      Delete
  5. I love these colors together!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri. I really love that new Tip Top Taupe. It's very versatile.

      Delete
  6. Great Father's Day card Heidi. Love the way you used the new stamps with the Wetlands set. The background stamp is perfect and your choice of Tip Top Taupe works really well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny. Yeah, that Wetlands set just works with old and new. I still haven't tired of it and love the new colours.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.