Wednesday 17 June 2015

PCCCS149 -- For you, Dad!

It's going to be Father's Day this weekend and as soon as I opened my box of new goodies and saw The Wilderness Awaits stamp set, I knew what I would be using for my card.  The sketch at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge lent itself perfectly to my plan.


I took my colour choices from the Sunday Stamps Challenge which is all about Neutrals.  My base, therefore, was Basic Black with a layer of Tip Top Taupe which I first embossed using the new Boho Chic embossing folder.  My banner coordinates perfectly and is cut from the new Go Wild Designer Paper Stack and backed with Basic Black.  For my image, I used Whisper White, also backed with Basic Black.  Because I had planned to use the Mallard duck image but wanted a narrower rectangle, I cut around the wing tip and, quite honestly, love the effect.  Funny how it happened...


I finished up with a star cut from the Crushed Cucumber design from the 2015-17 In-Color Designer Paper Stack, also backed with Basic Black and a few strands of Linen Thread tied around the card.  Simple, neutral, for the most part, but very striking, don't you think?

For more cards using this sketch, check out the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

For more cards using the neutral colour pallette, check out the Sunday Stamps Challenge.

16 comments:

  1. Great card! Love your image of the mallard, perfect for Father's Day! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amy. I love that stamp set with those wonderful images.

      Delete
  2. Your stamped image is amazing! I love how his wings have been allowed to extend past the rest of the tag! Great job of incorporating so many new products into such a classy, simple card!! Thank you for playing along with the Sunday Stamps color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon. I'm enjoying the new products more than I anticipated I would.

      Delete
  3. I love the image too
    and the embossed paper add a great texture on your card
    every dad who like bird will love your card Heidi..
    really lovely DAD card you made..

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this time
    see you again on next Sunday..
    hugs, Monika (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely comments, Monika.

      Delete
  4. Heidi, this is just fabulous! I love the embossed background and the mallard is just perfect. The wings extending over the edge of the die looks amazing! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Claire. It was such fun creating the card. I love the images in this stamp set.

      Delete
  5. Heidi, I bet your DAD loved this card, I know I do. I love the pops of colour and the embossed background adds so much wonderful texture. So glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jaydee. I'm sure my Dad was looking over my shoulder as I created the card. He loved natural images and would have loved the card.

      Delete
  6. This is an awesome Father's Day card!! Love your coloring as well. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Angel. I enjoy getting my images as close to their natural colouring as possible. The mallard was such fun to colour.

      Delete
  7. Fun design, cool duck!Thanks for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is the first time I've seen that embossing folder in use and I REALLY LIKE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, it's actually so much nicer an embossing folder than I expected it to be. I love using it and am sure you will, too.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.