Wednesday 3 June 2015

PCCCS147 -- Just Because

It's time for another Paper Craft Crew Challenge and the sketch for this week is simply "yummy"!  I love the wide open area that is just begging for something special.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 147. #stampinup #papercraftcrew

Of course with what I had in mind, the sketch would work best flipped over into portrait style---and so that's what I did.  I decided to give the wonderful blossoms from the Indescribable Gift stamp set one last go.  I'm also stuck in a bit of a watercolouring "mode" and so, of course, this would be created with watercolour paper.  First I heat embossed the branch of blossoms using white embossing powder.  Once that was nicely cooled and set, I used a large, flat artist's brush and my Pacific Point ink and added some strokes of colour to the upper area.  Then, using the Melon Mambo, I did the same to the lower area.  I love the way the two blended together into a warm purple where they met.

That gave me the idea to turn to Rich Razzleberry for all the cardstock and background touches, and, of course, for the blossoms themselves.  Once the background had dried, I went to work colouring the blossoms using my Rich Razzleberry ink and my Aqua Painter and did the same to the leaves with Wild Wasabi.

Those three large pearls?  They're long retired but seemed to be screaming to be used.  Because there are some great new Metal Rimmed Pearls in the new Annual Catalogue, I thought I'd see what they might look like.  I punched out 5/16" Silver Foil circles and mounted my pearls on those and then glued them onto my card.  I think I'll like the new Metal Rimmed Pearls when my order arrives.  It's a great new look.


I hope you'll find time to join us this week for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

Just for fun I decided to enter my card into the Friday Mashup challenge as well.  They've been such fun to work with and are having a watercolour challenge as well---perfect, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.