Saturday 6 June 2015

FM212 -- I'm Here For You!

Isn't it funny how things turn out?  I wasn't in love with the You've Got This stamp set when I first saw it but decided to put it on my sneak peek order.  So far I've created four cards with it and I haven't even had it very long.  And there are a few stamp sets that retired and yet I hadn't introduced them to ink.

This time I'm using the set to meet two challenges.  One is for the Friday Mashup and the other for Pals Paper Arts.  The challenges are perfect for each other since one is a colour challenge which just makes it so much easier to do the other.  One less thing to fret about.

This card would be classes under CAS (clean and simple) if not for the embellishments.  I've stamped the flower on a piece of Whisper White using Soft Suede ink and then, using a cut out of the flower, masked it and stamped the grid background over it, this time using Watermelon Wonder ink.  Becuase the Friday Mashup challenge is for an ombre effect, I first stamped off some of the Watermelon Wonder ink in three stages, leaving less and less ink on the stamp.  As you can see, the finished effect is definitely an ombre.

I coloured the flower using So Saffron ink and my Aqua Painter.  The two little butterflies which I stamped using Soft Suede and cut using the matching punch are also coloured using So Saffron and Watermelon Wonder, but this time I used my Stampin' Markers.


I finished up my "cluster of embellishments" with pearls down the centres of both butterflies.  By the way, do you feel as if you're seeing double with those butterflies?  Well, that would be the Soft Suede solid butterflies which I attached under the coloured ones.

For more cards showing the ombre/embellishment cluster, check out the Friday Mashup.


For more cards using these colours, check out Pals Paper Arts.

PPA254

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I just love the background you created with the grid stamp, that really stands out against your lovely flower!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa. That grid is going to be so useful for so many cards.

      Delete
  2. I just love this stamp set also! Love your ombre effect and coloring of the flower! Thanks for including the PPA in your stamping fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katy. I enjoyed using the PPA colours a lot, especially changing it out to include the Watermelon Wonder.

      Delete
  3. So bright and pretty! Love the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I love the butterflies, too.

      Delete
  4. What a fun way to use that background. I have to admit I didn't buy that set, but the background intrigues me. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heidi. I will admit to having doubts about ordering the set because it was so pricey. The background is what put me over the fence I was "sitting on". It's really large, as you can see from the card, and that grid is awesome.

      Delete
  5. Lovely card. The butterflies really pull everything together nicely! So bright and cheerful. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much, Cynthia. The Watermelon Wonder is wonderful with the So Saffron, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. This is so pretty! I had not thought of masking the flower. Thanks for joining the Pals this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. I've also made cards by cutting the flower out and attaching it over the grid, but the masking allowed me to keep it to one layer, which I love.

      Delete
  7. this stamp set seems to have gained a lot of popularity, if I go by what I'm seeing so far on Pinterest. I got to use it at my upline's class that I've been attending since dropping my own demonstrator-ship. I'm noticing a lot of stamp sets have nice background stamps in the set. Almost encouraging us to buy the full set just for the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri, I bought this stamp set as one of my sneak-peek products. I wasn't sure how much I'd use it but liked the background stamp. Funny thing is that I've enjoyed using the flower much more than I anticipated. The background has been great used with other stamps, too, so for once I feel I really did make a good choice.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.