Wednesday, 4 March 2015

PCCCS #134 -- Boys and their toys

I love the Boys Will be Boys stamp set and thought it would be ideal combined with the current Paper Craft Crew Challenge sketch.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 134 #stampinup #papercraftcrew #papercrafts #cardchallenge

Since children usually love bright colours, I went directly to a bright design in my Designer Papers.  Choosing the colours in the Park Lane Designer Series Paper, I used Naturals White for my base, then a layer of Soft Suede followed by the Designer Paper on the left side and a piece of Daffodil Delight on the right.  First, however, I used my Alphabet Press embossing folder to add some texture.

For my image I used a layer of Calypso Coral topped with Whisper White onto which I had stamped the robot image.  I had fun colouring it using my Blendabilities.  In the lower right corner, under the robot, I stamped the sentiment from the Guy Greetings stamp set and coloured it in using the Calypso Coral to match the backing.

I fussy-cut the yo-yo for the upper right, above the robot and then added some fussy-cut Legos for the lower left.


I hope you'll join us this week and add your own card to our Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. I love the versatility of that Boys Will be Boys stamp set. It's such fun to use.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.