Wednesday 21 January 2015

You Mean the World to Me --- PCCCS128

Welcome to this week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge.  The sketch this week is a lot of fun.  It includes newsprint but, as usual, you can interpret that your own way.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 128 #stampinup #papercraftcrew #papercrafts #cardchallenge

I chose to use the map print from the Typeset Specialty Designer Series paper.  My intention was to use the Traveler stamp set and so the map print was the perfect choice.  Since the designer paper is Basic Black and Very Vanilla, that's the direction I took with my colours.   I used Basic Black as my base cardstock and then used the map print for the lower portion of the card and Very Vanilla embossed with the Tiny Triangles embossing folder for the upper portion.  

For the small rectangle I first stamped the Very Vanilla with the print stamp from the Open Sea stamp set using Smoky Slate ink.  Then I stamped over that with the suitcase stamp from the Traveler set using Memento ink.  I used my Blendabilities to colour the image, using only the Smoky Slate and the darkest of the Daffodil Delight set.  Then I stamped the world globe on a separate piece of Very Vanilla and fussy-cut it out.  Then I used my Blendabilities to colour it before attaching it over the suitcase using my Dimensionals.  I used a skinny Basic Black mat for the piece and, after adding a tied Hellow Honey ribbon, attached the piece using Dimensionals.  My final touch was three dots cut from Hello Honey cardstock using the Cupcake Builder punch, which I topped with Crystal Effects after gluing them in place on the bottom left of my card.


For more cards using this sketch, check out the Paper Craft Crew Challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.