Sunday, 25 January 2015

WCC16 --- A CASE from the new Occasions Catalogue

Welcome to another Watercooler Challenge.  This time our challenge is to CASE a project from the new Occasions Catalogue.  You will find the original from which I took my inspiration on page 7.

I like having a base for my card and so, instead of the Adventure Bound Designer Paper going all the way to the edges of the front, I chose to use a base of Smoky Slate on which to mount it.  I also decided that it would look better to sponge around the perimeter of the Designer Paper and so I used black ink for that purpose.

You'll also see that my lumberjack is wearing a Tangerine Twist shirt and has a light brown beard rather than a reddish one.  I've also used one of the Essentials Wooden Basics Elements instead of a button.


I had fun creating my project for the challenge.  I invite you to join us by using our InLinkz to submit your own CASE of the Occasions Catalogue.

8 comments:

  1. Great job,as always Heidi!! Thank you for participating in the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ter. I love participating in our challenge.

      Delete
  2. Heidi, love this card. Cutting out the lumberjack would be more than I could manage. He is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jackie. I have a habit of fussy-cutting a lot for my cards and this guy wasn't very difficult compared to the "shudder" fern I cut out for my blog hop project.

      Delete
  3. Very cute, Heidi. I didn't get this set but now I might have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susan. I got the set even though I don't usually get a lot of Valentine sets. Ken used to be in management in Forestry back in British Columbia. He's changed careers here in Alberta but this set will give me a few years of fun cards for him. I've already mixed and matched the set with others (the saw is great fun!)

      Delete
    2. Great Card, I need to borrow this set from my daughter and try making a few cards with it.

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much, Kath. You'll love colouring the guy, I'm sure.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.