Tuesday 6 January 2015

PCCCS #126 --- A Monochromatic look at Moon Lake

Welcome to my first post as part of the Design Team for the Paper Craft Crew Challenges.  I know you'll love this week's sketch.  It lends itself to some great interpretations, as you'll see from the cards posted by the others in the Design Team.


I decided to use the Moon Lake stamp set for this card.  As I've mentioned before, I love that stamp set.  I've already used two of the images from the set but so far had not used the one with the rowboat tethered under the tree.  I've had a few ideas for that image, but this time, working with a small rectangle, I decided to make a sympathy card and to keep it monochromatic.  My card, therefore, is all whites, greys, black and touches of silver.  

My base is Naturals White with a layer of Basic Black.  My next layer is from the Irresistibly Yours Designer Paper available only during Sale-a-bration.  I've used it before and it's my current favourite design paper.  It is unbelievably versatile.  For my card I took a piece that had "embossed" leaves on it and drew a line partway up.  For the bottom area I used Smoky Slate ink and sponged the piece until it was evenly grey.  The white "embossing" just popped against the soft grey.  I left the upper area white but from an angle you can really see the glossy embossing.

I didn't have any current black ribbon and so I turned to the retired Basic Black Scalloped Dotted Ribbon.  It worked beautifully with the white and black already on the card.  For my small rectangle I began with a base of Basic Black, then a narrow layer of Smoky Slate and finally the stamped piece of Whisper White which I had coloured using my Smoky Slate Blendabilities.

The finishing touches are a small piece of /Winter Frost Designer Series Paper, a small star punched from the Brushed Silver cardstock and a flower cut from Brushed Silver and Basic Black cardstock using the Bojo Blossoms punch and a retired Itty Bitty Shapes punch, centred with a small Rhinestone.  The sentiment  is from my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.


I hope you'll come and see the remainder of the Design Team cards at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge site.  We'd love to see your interpretation of this week's sketch.

3 comments:

  1. I really like that card, Heidi. I never had that set on my list but I've seen a couple things with the tree and boat, which makes me want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also congratulations to be on the design team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ter. It's a wonderfully versatile set and I love all three images. The one with the tree and boat is giving me some great ideas which I have yet to make into cards. Thanks for the congrats. It was a surprise but it's exciting as well.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.