Sunday 16 November 2014

WCC13 -- Christmas stars

Watercooler Challenges

Welcome to another Watercooler Challenge.  This one is all about Christmas and that left a whole lot of possibilities.  What I finally decided on was to make a tag on a card using non-traditional Christmas colours.  Why make it easy, right?

If you haven't bought the Lucky Stars embossing folder or the Confetti Stars Punch yet, I suggest you give it serious consideration.  They're both so very versatile and fun to use and both are in the Holiday Catalogue which will be retiring January 5th.  I'm glad I bought them both because they're an important part of my creation.

I decided to use Naturals White for my base.  Then I added a layer of Lost Lagoon and then a layer of Soft Sky which I first embossed using the Lucky Stars embossing folder.  See how pretty those embossed stars look!

My next project was the tag which I planned to make to put on the card.   I decided to use Hello Honey as my base and then added a layer of Whisper White.  No, it doesn't look white, but this is what I did to it before I attached it.  I used the Confetti Stars Punch across the top and then used my corner punch to round off the top corners.  Then I used my Sponge Dauber and Lost Lagoon ink to colour the Whisper White, making it a very solid colour across the punched out stars and then streaking it in the centre.  I sponged in some Hello Honey and Wisteria Wonder where the streaks were to give the illusion of Northern Lights.

Then I ripped two strips of Whisper White, sponged a bit of Soft Sky across the ripped edges, and attached them to the lower portion of the coloured Whisper White to make it appear like snow.  I stamped Santa and his reindeer from the Holiday Home stamp set just under the punched out stars using Memento black ink.

I added a house from the Holiday Home stamp set which I cut out using its matching framelit and coloured it before attaching it with Dimensionals.  Then I used my Tree punch to cut out a tree from Black cardstock and also attached that with Dimensionals.  To dress up the tree, I used my Confetti Stars punch to cut out some Hello Honey stars and glued them onto the tree using Tombo glue.

The rest is just sentiments and ribbons.  I love the sheen of the Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon, don't you?


For more Christmas themed projects, check out the Watercooler Challenge.  If you'd like to add your own Christmas project, the Linky will be open for two weeks.

For more tags or tag-oriented cards, check out Tag You're It!

For more of "anything goes" for Christmas, check out Addicted to Stamps and More.

16 comments:

  1. wow, I love this card, Heidi! The silhouette of Santa and the little scene you have created is just sensational. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie. I wanted a look of night time and shadows with the stars being the only things that shone.

      Delete
  2. Heidi, Lovely card. I really like the combination of products that you used. They really work well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. I'm glad I finally used that Confetti Stars punch a bit more with this card.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy your non-traditional colors in this card and tag, Heidi. Your projects are always so unique and inspiring. I really do have a long list in my head of things I need to CASE from Heidi Weaver! One of these days I'll actually do it. :) Thanks for being a part of the watercooler challenges and I look forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ter. You're going to make my head swell at this rate.

      Delete
  4. Love the northern lights display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bev. I'm going to have to work on the Northern lLights. We get some pretty nice displays here and it's hard to create them on paper.

      Delete
  5. Love the scene you have created and all the stars!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More! We sure hope we will see you around again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! I love how you created your scene and your background of stars are beautiful!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Barb. I had a great time with your challenge.

      Delete
  7. Oh, this is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with TYI!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.