Saturday 1 November 2014

The Best Things in Life --- Two challenges

*Thrilled to have my card pick as a Colour Connoisseur at the Colour Me...! challenge!*

I love it when a sketch is for a card that is unusual.  That describes the sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments perfectly:  unusual.  Of course I had to try it.



It's fun when I can find a colour challenge that appears just perfect for a sketch challenge and, with the dual challenge opportunity at Colour Me...!, I found just that.


Since there was a choice as to which of the colour combinations could be used, I chose number two, chocolate chip, blushing bride, and lost lagoon.  Of course it's always all right to use a neutral with the colours and I chose white.

I had just received the Lovely Lace embossing folder in my last order and this seemed to be the perfect opportunity to use it.  So I cut five narrow strips of Whisper White, arranged them in the embossing folder with a small gap between each one and ran them through the Big Shot.  I sponged Blushing Bride into each of the lacy flowers and then used a sponge dauber to add some Chocolate Chip into the centres.  Then I used my Aqua Painter and Lost Lagoon ink to colour the leaves.

For my base I used Naturals White and then added a layer of Blushing Bride which I had first scored so that there would be a scoring line between each strip of embossed Whisper White and many scored lines below the strips.  Then I glued down the strips of embossed Whisper White.

For the off-set piece, I cut a piece of Whisper White which I glued to a matte of Blushing Bride.  I stamped my sentiment using Lost Lagoon and the Feel Goods stamp set.  Finally I added a tiny bow of White Baker's Twine and a heart that I cut from Silver Glimmer paper spritzed with Blushing Bride ink.


For more cards using this sketch, check out Hand Stamped Sentiments.

For more cards using these colours (Team Tara), check out Colour Me...!

20 comments:

  1. I like this.... will have to try something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Ter. I look forward to seeing your take on it.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Very creative on how used the embossed folder and your coloring is such a great idea!! Love it! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Genny. I hadn't used the embossing folder before. It worked out well.

      Delete
  3. What a great take on the sketch Heidi and perfectly balanced use of this week's colours. I love the use of the embossing folder on the background stripes and your sentiment is perfect for the overlaid piece. Thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you for those glowing comments, Joanne. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. This is adorable. Love how you used the embossing folder. Great color combo also. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Robbie. I love it when a colour challenge goes so beautifully with a great sketch.

      Delete
  5. LOVE IT!! I love the use of the embossing folder and the colors are awesome!! I have to say that sentiment sets is one of my FAVES!!! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!! Take Care~ Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Erin. I'm so pleased with the way it all came together. Love it when that happens.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! I love the colored embossing, and that stamp set is among my favorites. Each sentiment is so inspiring! Thanks for playing the sketch at HSS! ~Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erika. I always enjoy the challenges at HSS.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! I loved the embossed and colored panels...great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Breelin. It worked out as well as I had imagined---love it when that happens.

      Delete
  8. Your background pieces are SUPER cool. I love how you have colored and then sliced the embossed piece. A big thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. Mind you, I did it the hard way. I cut my slices, arranged them with a gap between each in the embossing folder, and then coloured the strips. That's why there's no distortion.

      Delete
  9. Very Pretty!!! Love the embossed background- Perfect for the sketch challenge!!! Very Pretty color combo!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Diane. It was a fun challenge and gave me a chance to try out the new embossing folder.

      Delete
  10. Wow. I love this card. Another inspiration for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marie. I'm so glad you liked it.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.