Tuesday 25 November 2014

PCCC#119 --- Best Kid Ever

Sometimes it seems there aren't enough hours in the day---or days in the week, for that matter.  Right now I'm between houses half the day because our daughter and family are off enjoying Disney World and the house (and cats) needs attention.  I had doubts that I would get this challenge off the ground, let alone finished in time.

I decided to make a boy's birthday card since I need one anyway and it's a way of getting two things off my "to do" list.  The Boys Will Be Boys stamp set is perfect for very small boys and even "getting closer to double-digit" boys.  After all, robots and legos have an almost ageless appeal.  I also decided to keep to the primary colours simply because they are so bright and happy.

The sketch for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge was perfect for what I had in mind:

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 119 #cardsketch #stampinup #papercraftcrew

Instead of spatters, however, I turned to the retired Confetti stamp set for the background.  Those hearts were perfect, especially stamped in the primary colours.  Instead of newsprint I chose to use one of the sentiments from the retired Bring on the Cake stamp set repeated many times and in many directions on my Daffodil Delight cardstock.  The lego pieces from the Boys Will Be Boys stamp set fit perfectly over the "soccer ball" which is actually simply a 2" circle embossed with the Hexagon embossing folder.


For more cards using this sketch, check out the Paper Craft Crew Challenges.

     Stamps used:  Boys Will Be Boys, Bring on the Cake (retired), Confetti (retired)
     Paper used:  Real Red, Marina Mist, Naturals White, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
     Inks used:  Real Red, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Memento Black
     Tools and Embellishments:  Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Stampin' Markers,
              Big Shot, Decorative Dots Embossing folder, Paper Snips, Stampin' Trimmer


4 comments:

  1. This card is just perfect!!! I love the embossed background then the stamped layer...
    I love everything!!!! Creative way to interpret the sketch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Angie. I really appreciate your comments. I had so much fun making this card.

      Delete
  2. Such a fun card Heidi! I love how you made your DSP and the Lego and Ball - fabulous take on the sketch and a wonderful boys card! Thanks for joining us again at The Paper Craft Crew :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jan. I do enjoy entering the challenge and kept thinking about what I was going to make. It really came down to the wire this time, though.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.