Tuesday 11 November 2014

Giving thanks

*Thrilled to be a Top Pick for this week's Sunday Stamps Challenge!*

It's getting close to Thanksgiving across the border in the United States.  Some of the challenges are reflecting that and so I've created this card with thoughts of their upcoming Thanksgiving and also with the thought that we really should remember always to "give thanks for all things".

My card is based on a sketch from the Sunday Stamps Weekly Challenge:


And on a colour scheme from the Pals Paper Arts Challenge:

PPA226 Nov 6

The theme, giving thanks, is based on the SUO Challenge.

For my base I've used Naturals White.  I followed that up with a layer of Soft Suede.  Since the sketch shows Washi tape behind the image, I used the Tape It stamp set and the three colours of the challenge to stamp my own "Washi tape" on Whisper White cardstock and then cut the strips out.  After attaching them in a random pattern on the layer of Soft Suede, I got to work on my main image.

I took a rectangle of Naturals White and cut a square into it using a square framelit.  That gave me my Polaroid frame.  I stamped the sentiment from the For All Things stamp set onto Whisper White and attached the frame around it.  Then I stamped two pumpkins from the Fall Fest stamp set using Cajun Craze ink, one with full ink and the other off-stamped once, and cut them out with their matching framelits.  I also cut three leaves from Mossy Meadow cardstock using the Fun Fall framelits.  

After attaching the pumpkins to the frame, I attached an extremely thin strip of Mossy Meadow to each pumpkin and made them appear to be vines.  After attaching the leaves to the vines, I wrapped some Linen Thread around the bottom of the frame and attached it to the card using Dimensionals.


For more card using this sketch, check out Sunday Stamps Weekly Challenges.

For more cards using these colours, check out the Pals Paper Arts Challenge.

For more cards using this theme, check out the SUO Challenges.

24 comments:

  1. My, My, My, I feel a CASE coming my way! Wonderful work! XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cary. It's much easier to case if you don't stick within the colour scheme.

      Delete
  2. Very lovely, Heidi! I really like the polaroid idea! Thanks for including the PPA color challenge in your stamping fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Katy. The colours worked beautifully with these challenges.

      Delete
  3. Your "washi tape" looks great in the background! Very pretty fall card! So glad you joined us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda. I don't use that Tape It set anywhere nearly often enough.

      Delete
  4. This is a great fall inspired card! I love those sweet pumpkins and their 'vine' look great. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Brenda. It was a great sketch to work with.

      Delete
  5. Adorable and so great for a Fall card!! I love all of your colors! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Angel. It was a fun card to make.

      Delete
  6. What a great little card you created in interesting colors!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. I wasn't sure the Cajun Craze would work for the pumpkins, but it worked out well---especially off-stamped once.

      Delete
  7. Great combination of challenges! The kraft background really makes the fall colors standout. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps--we hope you can join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marie. It was a fun challenge and I love coming back.

      Delete
  8. Great job on the frame, it really finishes this card beautifully, along with those cute leaves!! Thanks for joining the challenge at SUO

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty with the Polaroid frame! Love the CAS design! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. I always enjoy the SUO challenges.

      Delete
  10. Love your colors & the texture of your card! Thank you so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kathya. I enjoy the challenges you offer.

      Delete
  11. Great job on all of the challenges- love the colors and the use of the Tape It stamp set :-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie. I wasn't entirely sure of the colours until I began off-stamping and getting the variations. It was a great challenge.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.