Tuesday 21 October 2014

PCCC#114 -- A Partridge and a bunch of pears

Have you seen that new stamp set yet?  The one with the partridge in the pear tree, "Partridge & Pears".  I sat on the fence and then got it and, wow, am I glad.  There is so much you can do with that set!

I decided to use the stamp set for the sketch at the Paper Craft Crew Challenges

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #114

To begin, I chose an Early Espresso base.  Then I added a piece of Sahara Sand which I first heat embossed in the top left corner using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and my Gold embossing powder.  After that I embossed the piece using my Woodgrain embossing folder.  To complete the base of the design, I added a strip of the Early Espresso/Sahara Sand design from the Trim the Tree Paper Stack to the left side.  


Since the design just has a small frame into which I could put an image, I decided that I would heat emboss the image from the Partridge & Pears stamp set onto Whisper White using my Gold embossing powder.  Then I cut that to size to fit the Early Espresso frame I had cut using my On Film framelit.  I coloured the image using my Crisp Cantaloupe, So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar, and Cajun Craze Stampin' Markers.  I also heat embossed three pears in Gold embossing powder and coloured them before fussy cutting them.

I added the frame to the card using Dimensionals and then added the pears using Dimensionals as well.  For the pear in the bottom right corner, I also added a leaf from the Fun Fall Framelits dies and two coloured leaves that were left over from the initial heat-embossed image.  

For the banners in the top left corner, I chose Early Espresso for the one that I glued onto the card while the second one, which is attached with Dimensionals, is cut from Cajun Craze.  I embossed the Cajun Craze banner with the Delicate Designs embossing folder.  The three Candy Dots are actually Sahara Sand which I first heat embossed using Gold embossing powder before attaching them to the card.


For more cards using this sketch, check out the Paper Craft Crew Challenges.

I've also entered my card in the Paper Players challenge.  For more cards that are CAS and use silver or gold, check out The Paper Players.

10 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love how you highlighted and frames just a portion of the image. The embossing and coloring are lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, Nance. I really appreciate them.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! The gold embossing is spectacular! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Yapha. I always enjoy your challenges.

      Delete
  3. I hadn't thought about using just a piece of this image - it works beautifully and really expands the use of the stamp. Gorgeous card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jaydee. I really didn't want this set to be a "one trick pony" type of stamp and have been trying it in a variety of ways. It really is more versatile than one would think.

      Delete
  4. I love the gold embossing and really like the way you highlighted only a portion of the image - very clever and lots of impact. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joanne. I really appreciate your kind comments.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.