Monday, 20 October 2014

Chocolate, gold and vellum---oh my!

I love the challenge over at Stampin' Royalty.  The colours are gorgeous:  chocolates, golds, hints of Crisp Cantaloupe.  It's just such a lovely combination.


I knew I wanted to do something with it and just managed to sneak in at the last possible moment.  Thank goodness.  I began with a base of Naturals Ivory and then added a layer of Chocolate Chip.  For my next layer, I took a piece of Very Vanilla and put it through my Big Shot in the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  Then I gently sponged a bit of Crisp Cantaloupe across the dots.

For my wreath I took a piece of Very Vanilla and stamped it first with Baked Brown Sugar, then I used Versamark to heat emboss the next layer of leaves in Gold embossing powder and finally added Chocolate Chip dots before using the matching framelits to cut it out.  

I cut the "Noel" out using the framelit that came with the set and then got to work on some leaves.  I wanted them to be made out of vellum and used the Fun Fall Framelits for that.  After cutting them, I embossed them with the Delicate Designs embossing folder.  After that, I sponged them with a bit of Crumb Cake ink.

My final touch to the card was to add a bow made from the pretty 1/8" Gold Ribbon.


For more cards using this photo inspiration, check out Stampin' Royalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.