Friends

Monday, 15 September 2014

So Thankful

I am so thankful for so many things.  I try to give thanks every day for a few of those things.  It's a great feeling---the giving of thanks.  We set aside one day a year to give thanks.  I have stamp sets with sentiments that give thanks.  That's all well and good.  For me, it's the daily giving of thanks that swells my heart.

I made a card for a challenge and for its sentiment I put "so thankful".  It shows a Canada Goose backed by a circle of sunset colours.  I love scenes like this.  When I am lucky enough to see the Canada Geese in real life, flying against the setting sun, swimming in ponds, feeding in meadows, I say a quick thank you because I know I'm lucky.  Not everyone is blessed to see such wonderful sights.

For my base I used Naturals White cardstock.  Then a layer of Old Olive and another layer of Tangello Twist.  My top layer is Whisper White onto which I stamped the Canada Goose from the Wetlands stamp set using Memento black ink.  Then I cut a circle mask and used it to sponge the Tangello Twist ink and Crushed Curry ink around my goose, which I had also masked to save it from the colours.  At the bottom of the circle, I sponged Old Olive ink.  Then I took off the circle mask and the mask from the goose and applied some colour to its body.

For my sentiment I stamped "so thankful" from the Project Life Holiday Cheer stamp set onto Naturals White and cut that into a narrow banner.  I poked a hole into each end of the banner and used a silver Mini Brad on each end to attach it to a piece of Naturals 5/8" Chevron Ribbon.  Then I attached the ribbon to a strip of cardstock which I had put together with Tangello Twist at the top and Old Olive at the bottom.  That strip was attached with sticky tape across the lower portion of the card.


I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches in my design.  For more cards using this sketch click on the sketch, below.
I used the "so thankful" sentiment for the anniversary challenge at Around the World Stampin' Up! Challenges.  Their theme is "thanks".  For more cards in this challenge, click the image below.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Heidi! Your sponged sunset is so amazing and looks so realistic! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Cindy. I love the combination of Crushed Curry and Tangello Twist.

      Delete
  2. Very nice, Heidi, great colors and I love your goose :-)
    Thank you for your participation to AW25!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marie-Josee. I love that goose from Wetlands. It's one of my favourite stamp sets.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.