Sunday 28 September 2014

Happy Anniversary

Isn't Blackberry Bliss a wonderfully rich colour?  It just takes my breath away.  And when you add gold, well!  It's downright royal!  No wonder the challenge over at Stampin' Royalty includes those colours this week.


I decided to make an anniversary card with my base in Naturals White.  Then I added a narrow layer of Blackberry Bliss and finally a stamped layer of Whisper White.  My stamping was done using the lovely Bloom With Hope Hostess stamp set.  The large "Gerber" daisy just lent itself beautifully to the bright colours.  I wanted to heat emboss golden leaves behind the daisies.  And so I masked the top daisies and stamped the leaves from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set across them.  I also heat embossed the centres of the daisies in gold.  

For the girdle I attached a strip of Gold Foil and then used the Confetti Stars Punch along a piece of Blackberry Bliss before cutting that to the same width.  I love how the gold shines through those star shapes.  

Beside the bottom daisy I stamped Happy Anniversary using the Memorable Moments stamp set and Blackberry Bliss ink.  To finish off, I stamped the champagne glasses from the Making Spirits Bright set and heat embossed the liquid inside using Gold Embossing powder.  I added some more gold "bubbles" to the Whisper White just for fun.


For more cards using this colour inspiration, check out Stampin' Royalty.

2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous color. Your card looks wonderful and so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Alanna. I appreciate your comments. The card was a joy to make.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.