Monday 4 August 2014

Welcome---fun with the Life's Adventure stamp set

The hostess stamp set, Life's Adventure, offers some very versatile images.  I've already used the bicycle and fox in two previous posts and this time I'm using the house.  It's great when you can get so many different types of cards from one set.

The house reminded me of some of those quaint beach houses one sees in beach towns along the Oregon shore.  That's why I decided to colour it in vibrant, welcoming colours because that's exactly how those houses along the shore looked.  The Blendabilities did a great job with those vibrant colours.

My base cardstock is Chocolate Chip.  It has a lot of warmth in its tones and looks great with the Tangelo Twist which is in the next layer.  The designer paper is from the 2014-2016 In-Colors Stack.  I followed the sketch offered by Paper Craft Crew Challenge closely except that, instead of making my card a square, I chose to make it rectangular.  It simply compliments the skinny house better than a square would have in my opinion.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #103

My mother used to find four-leafed-clovers almost everywhere she went.  She was drawn to them almost magnetically.  So clover has always been something important in my life.  Shamrocks, too, have a special meaning for houses.  I know that I have been gifted a Shamrock as a house-warming gift because, apparently, it brings good luck to the house for as long as it lives.  So far my Shamrock has been with me for more years than I can remember.  That's the reason for the clover/shamrock that I've placed at the bottom right and top left of the card.  


For more cards using this sketch, check out the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.  If you get a moment, please vote for my card when voting opens late Tuesday night.

4 comments:

  1. funny this post reminded me where I have to go tomorrow morning... hope I don't forget in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ter. Fingers crossed that you don't forget. :)

      Delete
  2. Such a fun and whimsical card! Love the colors and the house. Didn't even know about that stamp set. Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Pam. I've been enjoying the various images in this stamp set. They're all a lot of fun.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.