Sunday 3 August 2014

Thank You---with An Open Heart (Runner up at the Seize the Sketch Challenge)

I love the "An Open Heart" stamp set!  The sentiments are lovely and the image of the bird and berry-filled branch are very natural looking.  The set struck a chord with me and I knew I would have to buy it.

For this card I've decided to keep things very neutral.  My base cardstock is Naturals Ivory.  The next layer is Basic Black and then I've used Very Vanilla, more Basic Black and the Typeset Specialty Designer Series paper.  I heat embossed the bird and "thank you" in White embossing powder on Basic Black cardstock.  The "girdle" is Very Vanilla stamped with the berry-filled branch.  Then I coloured the Berries using Cherry Cobbler and finally used my Delicate Designs embossing folder to give it some texture.

The card looked unfinished to me and so I added some Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon at the bottom of the "girdle" and then added an embellishment I had created using the Simply Pressed Clay, stamped with the "for you" from the Flamingo Lingo stamp set, and coloured using my Cherry Cobbler marker.  When that was dry I covered it liberally with Crystal Effects.  I think that it is the perect finishing touch, attached to the ribbon with a little piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine.


I entered this card in the Seize the Sketch Challenge.  Just click on the sketch below and you can see more of the cards entered in this challenge.



4 comments:

  1. This is such a striking card in these colors. Love that little sentiment tag! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for those wonderful comments, Jen. I appreciate them and enjoy your challenges.

      Delete
  2. This is so classy, Heidi. I love how you stamped that detailed bird in white against the black cardstock.

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize The Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your terrific compliments, Colleen. I love playing at Seize the Sketch!

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.