Wednesday 13 August 2014

New Products and a New Friend---Life is good!

I was so excited last night!  I finally received my pre-order from the brand new Holiday Catalogue.  It's always so much fun to actually have the stamps and paper and punches and framelits, etc. in hand rather than just see it on a page.  I definitely loved everything I ordered.  That's always a good start.

Today I got up early and prepared to meet someone that I've only known through the Internet.  Marilyn Meadows is from New Zealand and she's "liked" my Facebook page and follows my blog.  How great is that!  She and her husband have been travelling in the U.S. and here in Canada and she asked if she could visit.  Of course!  I was ecstatic.  I thought it might be fun and a way to keep our hands busy if we made a card while we got to know each other in person.  After all, the Internet, while wonderful in bringing people together, is limiting.  I also thought Marilyn might be as excited about all the new Stampin' Up! products as I was.  Yes, she was!

The stamp set we decided to use was the Christmas Bauble.  We first heat embossed the image in Silver embossing powder on Whisper White and then decided to do some fancy colouring using the Blendabilities.  Unhappily both of us wound up going slightly outside the embossing and so we mutually agreed that this would become a fussy-cut image.  I like it when there's an easy fix---especially when it gives the finished card a bit of an extra "wow".

Since Marilyn's husband had chosen to snooze outside in his vehicle, it couldn't be too very long a visit and Marilyn had to leave before the card was completely finished.  Since she has Blendabilities back in New Zealand, however, she can easily finish up.  I continued working on my own after she left and added a bit of an extra element by stamping a layer of Whisper White with the new Ornamental Pine stamp set before attaching the fussy-cut ornament.

The base cardstock is Naturals White and then I've added a layer of Coastal Cabana.  The sentiment is from the new Good Greetings Hostess set.




































Thanks for a great time stamping together, Marilyn.  Wish you lived closer so that we could do it often.

I've decided to enter the card into the challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.  It's for anything "Holiday" and so the card definitely qualifies.  For more cards in this challenge, just click here.


9 comments:

  1. How wonderful you got to meet a blogging friend IRL...and you got to craft together! I love the colour combos you have used here and I do love the background cone. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sandie. It was a terrific meeting and "playtime". Those Blendabilities really rock the bauble, don't they? The colours are brighter than the "normal" markers.

      Delete
  2. Love this beautiful bauble; the colours are fab. Really gorgeous background too, Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    PS - Fab photo of you both - glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah. I knew I had to have something for the background and love that new pine stamp. Having company for crafting made it more fun than usual to put this card together.

      Delete
  3. Heidi, A very beautiful and colorful baubel! Nice background too! Great to see you having a good time with your blogland friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how nice that you were able to meet in person!!! I have met some of my good friends online.... and was lucky to meet some of them in person.... I hope to meet you in person someday too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ter. That would be great---to meet in person. Maybe we can fiddle around with crafts, too, and have some creative fun.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.