Tuesday 19 August 2014

Goodbye to "Seize the Sketch" -- a challenge blog I've enjoyed.

I haven't participated with challenges for very long.  I think my first challenge was back in June this year.  It's only August.  That's under three months.  In that time I've been fortunate enough to win or be considered in the Top picks of several challenge blogs.  The Seize the Sketch blog is one of them.  I've enjoyed their sketches and am lucky enough to show their badge in the right margin of my blog.  It was an honour to be among those picked for their sketch challenge.  And now they're closing their challenges forever.  Of course I'll participate in their last challenge but it is with a heavy heart.  I will miss them.

I like the sketch.  It is simple and yet allows for a lot of imagination.  A good sketch is like that.  My choice for a stamp set was the wonderful Wetlands set.  I still haven't run out of ways to use this stamp set and love every opportunity to try something new with it.  

My base cardstock is Naturals White with a layer of Baked Brown Sugar and then an embossed layer of Pool Party.  For the embossing I chose to use the woodgrain pattern sideways because it makes it appear like ripples and waves on water.  I stamped the images on Whisper White using Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party, and Early Espresso inks.  The sentiment is also stamped in Baked Brown Sugar but, after being cut with my Word Bubbles framelit, I sponged a bit of Pool Party ink around it.

Stamp sets used were:  Wetlands (of course), Just Sayin' and Work of Art.  The fringe under the image squares was cut from the Burlap Ribbon.  The embellishment at the top right corner is from the Essentials Wooden Elements topped with an Early Espresso candy dot.

For more cards in this last challenge at Seize the Sketch, check them out here.

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card. The colors you used are just perfect and I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Alanna. I love how versatile that woodgrain embossing folder can be.

      Delete
  2. clever use of the woodgrain embossing folder. love the swipes of colour.

    Alicia
    MaxiBelle Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card jumped out at me right away, and I had to come and take a closer look! Love it! What a great idea to use the woodgrain EF on it's side to emulate waves! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. That embossing folder is really versatile because of those huge knots that look like ripples when on their side. It's become my "go-to" if I'm embossing and using the Wetlands stamp set.

      Delete
  4. Heidi, I absolutely love your card! I love nature, texture and the Wetlands stamp. You have used all of these things combined with the sketch for a gorgeous card. Thanks so much for sharing with us in our last challenge at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lee Ann. I love using the Wetlands stamp set but hated that this was a "goodbye" card.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card! I love all the texture in this and your lovely stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alison. The Wetlands set goes so well with the Burlap ribbon.

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous card, Heidi....I love the stamp set you've used and all that embossing is awesome. I am gonna miss STS too - it's been so fun being on the DT here! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Lori. I've enjoyed participating in the challenges at STS, although I only "discovered" challenges this June. I wish there had been more time to be a part of your challenges. You had an awesome Design Team. Thanks for being there.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.