Wednesday 6 August 2014

A Pom-Pom? Why not?

I found a challenge that asked for a card in which a pom-pom was featured.  Well!  How could I resist that?  Especially since I had some tiny pom-poms in Daffodil Delight.  A card was just asking to be created.

I used a base cardstock of Tangelo Twist.  Then I added a layer of Daffodil Delight from which I had cut a star in the upper left portion and then I had run it through my Big Shot using my Decorative Dots embossing folder.  I loved how that let the Tangelo Twist come through in a star shape.  Then I cut a smaller star from Whisper White and stamped that with the party hat from the Sketched Birthday stamp set.  I coloured the hat using my Daffodil Delight Blendabilities and then sponged a bit of Tangelo Twist ink around the perimeter of the star before attaching it in the centre of the star cut-out using Dimensionals.

I also stamped a balloon from the Sketched Birthday stamp set and fussy-cut that out after colouring it with my Tangelo Twist marker.  I attached the balloon on dimensionals and drew a long black "string".  Then I stamped the "Happy Birthday" from the Sassy Salutations stamp set in black ink on a piece of Tangelo Twist cardstock.  I cut that out curving around the letters and then sponged some black ink around the perimeter before attaching it to the bottom left using dimensionals.

Finally I attached a small pom-pom to the top of the party hat.  And my card was complete.


For more cards in this challenge, check out The Friday Mashup.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the little pom-pom on the birthday hat! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi. It was just a stroke of luck that I had some of the pom-pom ribbon (retired) in Daffodil Delight. The rest of the card was designed around that. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup! I love the sponging you added to your star and sentiment. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you very much, Avery. Sometimes you know sponging will make a big difference.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.