Tuesday 24 June 2014

Smile!

I love the new stamp set, A Little Smile.  One of the reasons, of course, is the cheeriness of the art and another reason is that my daughter and I belong to a group called SMILE.  As soon as I saw the stamp in the catalogue, I knew I would have to own it.  It's a single stamp but it says a great deal.

I chose colours that I felt really brought out the cheery thought.  For me the primary colours are happy colours.  So, of course, red, blue and yellow play a large part in the card.


I've used a base of Hello Honey, then a layer of Chocolate Chip, and then three strips of cardstock: one Cherry Cobbler, the next Marina Mist and the last one Cherry Cobbler again.  On top of that I've mounted the stamped piece of Whisper White.  I coloured the design with my Blendabilities.  I really love the way they blend so seamlessly.  For the face and tummies of the hedge hogs, I used two shades of the skin tone Blendabilities.  For the spiky portion and back I used the darkest of the skin tones.  The colour is closest to Chocolate Chip, which is the reason I chose a layer of Chocolate Chip cardstock to tie the colours together.

This card makes me smile.  I trust it will make my daughter smile as well, because I made it just for her.  Smile, hon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.