Friends

Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Smile!

I love the new stamp set, A Little Smile.  One of the reasons, of course, is the cheeriness of the art and another reason is that my daughter and I belong to a group called SMILE.  As soon as I saw the stamp in the catalogue, I knew I would have to own it.  It's a single stamp but it says a great deal.

I chose colours that I felt really brought out the cheery thought.  For me the primary colours are happy colours.  So, of course, red, blue and yellow play a large part in the card.


I've used a base of Hello Honey, then a layer of Chocolate Chip, and then three strips of cardstock: one Cherry Cobbler, the next Marina Mist and the last one Cherry Cobbler again.  On top of that I've mounted the stamped piece of Whisper White.  I coloured the design with my Blendabilities.  I really love the way they blend so seamlessly.  For the face and tummies of the hedge hogs, I used two shades of the skin tone Blendabilities.  For the spiky portion and back I used the darkest of the skin tones.  The colour is closest to Chocolate Chip, which is the reason I chose a layer of Chocolate Chip cardstock to tie the colours together.

This card makes me smile.  I trust it will make my daughter smile as well, because I made it just for her.  Smile, hon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.