Monday 16 June 2014

SCCC29 --- Weekly Christmas Card Challenge

Yes, I decided to enter another one of the weekly Christmas card challenges.  This one has everyone using at least three patterned papers.  Well that really is a challenge at the moment because I only wish to use current products from Stampin' Up! and so far there are simply no Christmas Designer Papers available.  But then there is no rule saying that all Christmas cards must use Christmas paper, right?  And really, staying with what some people would consider classic Christmas colours is not necessary either.  Well, that left me with a few more choices.

Right now the only current patterned Stampin' Up! paper that I have on hand is the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack and the Backgrounds Designer Series Paper Stack for the 2013-2015 In-Colors.  But that's enough to make a card that uses three patterned papers.

Two of the patterns in the card are from the Moonlight paper stack while one, the larger layer, is a Baked Brown Sugar polka-dot pattern from the backgrounds stack.  My base cardstock for the card is Naturals White.  As an accent colour, since it appears in the Moonlight paper stack patterns, I've used Blackberry Bliss cardstock.  I've also use some Gold Foil both for framing and to make the Christmas Tree.  The dotted pattern on the piece of Blackberry Bliss is hand drawn with my White Uniball Signo pen and my Stampin' Dazzle Gold Marker.


I also used the Blackberry Bliss for my banner and heat embossed the gold Merry Christmas, which is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.

And that is my rather modern looking Christmas Card.  The Challenge can be found at the Weekly Christmas Card Challenges blog.

12 comments:

  1. Love this card, Heidi! I love how you used the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Marsha. It all worked out when I just followed the design in the paper.

      Delete
  2. I love the way you interpreted the Moonlight triangles as trees - great idea. I'm pretty sure this one will be CASEd soon here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KatheD. You know what Plato said about necessity being the mother of invention. If I had more current DSP on hand, I probably wouldn't have turned to the Moonlight. As it is, I'm so happy I did.

      Delete
  3. Fun Christmas card and I love that you didn't use traditional Christmas papers. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Donna. I enjoy the Christmas Card challenges.

      Delete
  4. Creative way to accomplish a Christmas card without specific Christmas DP! Love the non-traditional colors! Thanks so much, Heidi, for identifying the Watercolor Wonder DP on my card! I'm a longtime SU fan and don't remember ever seeing that paper at stamp club or in the catalog. I need to pay closer attention - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wanda. I'm glad I solved the DSP mystery for you. I love that paper and wish it had carried over.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges with your lovely card!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh stunning!! LOVE the gold!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Christmas Card Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.