Friday 20 June 2014

CMCC25 --- You are a Fabulous Work of Art!

This challenge called for a mix of colours that immediately brought "baby" to mind.  Of course I didn't want to go with the obvious.  This was the challenge:

I don't normally use such pastel tones together, so of course my mind kept going back to "baby".  And then I just forced the issue and took out the Work of Art stamp set.  That got me on track.  Without a real pattern in mind, I just let myself play with several of the stamps and the colours.  And I liked the result.  Then I thought to myself, why not add one of those Spiral Flowers?  I have the In-Color Designer Paper Stack so using the polka dot patterned sheet in the Strawberry Slush was a given.  I really crumpled up the cut out spiral before rolling it and gluing it.  The effect was so much less stiff and added a lot of charm.  A couple of leaf stems cut with the Bird Builder punch and outlined with my Stampin' Chalk Marker finished it off.


The card doesn't look a bit "baby" to me.  I'm so glad!  For more of the cards made for this challenge, check out Colour Me...!

6 comments:

  1. this is stunning, I luv how you used the colors...amazing!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is a fabulous work of art! I love that folded flower - it is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Tara. I enjoyed the challenge.

      Delete
  3. That scrunchy flower has beautiful dimension, gorgeous card! So glad you joined us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katie. I really enjoyed the challenge.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.