Monday, 5 May 2014

You make me happy

I've mentioned before that I love the Happy Watercolor stamp set.  It is fun to use and includes such a good variety of stamps.   I've been enjoying the poppy image but for this card I decided to use it in a totally different way.

I began with the Naturals White as my base cardstock.  To that I added a  2 1/2" x 5 1/2" strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock which I cut along both long sides using my fancy Finishing Touches edgelit die.  Then on top of that I centred a 2" x 5 1/2" piece of Whisper White embossed with my Decorative Dots embossing folder.

I prepared three identical images of the poppy by stamping it on Whisper White using Cherry Cobbler ink.  I cut each image down to measure 1 1/8" x 1 1/8" and, using my Cherry Cobbler marker, roughly coloured the background behind the poppies.  Then I cut another three pieces of Whisper White measuring 1 3/8" x 1 3/8" onto which I adhered each of the poppy squares.  Then I mounted those onto 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" squares of Cherry Cobbler.  Finally I mounted the three framed images onto the card, spacing them carefully, using my dimensionals.  I finished the card by stamping the bottom using another of the Happy Watercolor stamps.


It's a simple card but I think it has a lot of impact because of the colours and the layout.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.